[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for owners of following color printers:

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (12/20/87)

Once again, those were:

	Apple scribe
	Xerox (no model #, says diablo C-150 on back plate)
	quadram quadjet, same as an ibm color laserjet

I have the chance to get any of the above color printers in used
but very good condition at an insanely low price.  If you own or have
knowledge of any of the above that you could share I'd greatly appreciate
it.  I'd like to know:

- the quality of output
- speed
- any caveats (cleaning ink out of inkjets, for example)
- how expensive it is to operate

!!!! PLEASE SEND EMAIL ONLY !!!!  - I don't read most of the groups
this is being cross posted to.

Thanks!

Sean
--
--  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@UKMA.BITNET
--  (the Empire guy)         {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (12/22/87)

In article <7902@g.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>	Apple scribe
>	Xerox (no model #, says diablo C-150 on back plate)
>	quadram quadjet, same as an ibm color laserjet
>I have the chance to get any of the above color printers in used
>but very good condition at an insanely low price.  If you own or have
Hi,
  I use the Canon Color Ink jet printer, which is the same as the
  quadram quadjet (and Radio Shack Color Ink jet, etc) with a few ROM
  hex codes changed. I like the color output, it takes under two
  minutes to print a good quality neo/degas/tny format picture, and
  the color reproduction you can acheive is excellent. There are PD
  drivers available (very simple ones), or I know of this great
  product called Quaddump that you can buy ( :-) it is a special
  version of CANDUMP that I developed for some distributors right
  before DAK went and bought all 25000 Quadrams out from under the
  distributors :-(...I might be making this program PD or shareware if
  I ever get some free time to go in and take out all the advertizing
  and copyright info in it).  The quadram goes a long time on a $8 ink
  cartridge (about a year for me...around 8 rolls of paper). The paper
  runs around $10/roll for the good clay based stuff, but it is good
  for several hundred pictures (300?). The quadram has a pushbutton
  inkjet purge, so cleaning the jets (or purging airbubbles), is very
  simple.
>!!!! PLEASE SEND EMAIL ONLY !!!!  - I don't read most of the groups
  Sorry, but I thought the other groups might be interested...Simply
  because it is fairly easy to get these printers cheap nowadays (I
  have seen the Quadrams going new for less than $200) and having a
  color printer is really worthwhile if you have an Amiga, color
  ST, or a Mac II. One word of caution, though...don't expect to
  print out program listings on one of these! Too expensive and the
  fonts are pretty horrible for listings...

  -Todd Burkey
   trb@stag.UUCP

   BTW, CANDUMP/QUADDUMP is an ST program. There are some good
   drivers, however, on the Amiga that are PD and someone out there
   may have also written a similiar 'smart' color dumper as well.