[comp.sys.amiga] General relativity and poor AMIGA attention

jmdavis@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Davis) (12/24/87)

I found this lurking on sci.ohysics, I thought I should bring it to
the attention of this news group. Serious education of the computing
public is obviously needed here.

) From: jack@cs.hw.ac.uk (Jack Campin)         vvvvvvvvvvvv
) Newsgroups: sci.physics,rec.games.programmer,COMP.SYS.MAC
) Subject: simulating relativistic motion      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
) Date: 7 Dec 87 21:00:08 GMT
)
)
) A long time ago I read about a program developed at MIT that produced
) images of the way ordinary scenes (a street) would look at speeds nearing
) c. I don't know if it used a plotter or calligraphic display, but it was
) so long ago that whatever it did should surely be possible now in real time
) on a Mac or equivalent. Does anything like that exist? - a sort of flight
) simulator for cosmic ray particles, that would let you define a scene
) with a 3D graphics editor and then look at it at various fractions of c.
  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
) (COLOUR WOULD BE A NICE OPTIONAL EXTRA). The MIT program produced weirdly
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
) drooping lampposts.
) More ambitiously: what about general relativity? Here I am thinking about
) some of the descriptions in Kaufmann's "The Cosmic Frontiers of General
) Relativity" about how the world would look from near a black hole.
)
) --
) ARPA: jack%cs.glasgow.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
) JANET:jack@uk.ac.glasgow.cs       USENET: ...mcvax!ukc!cs.glasgow.ac.uk!jack
) Mail: Jack Campin, Computing Science Department, University of Glasgow,
)       17 Lilybank Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland (041 339 8855 x 6045)
)

(Most of the Capatilization was supplied by me.

This is the voice of world control,	|	Mike Davis
we bring you peace,			|	ihnp4!ihlpm!jmdavis
the peace you need to survive. - C:TFP	|_________________________