[comp.sys.amiga] fexecl

ahinds@hvrunix.UUCP (Alexander Hinds) (12/21/87)

	I was experimenting with fexecl(), using Manx3.4a on my 2000, and
could not get it to work.  A typical example would be:
		fexecl("RUN","EXECUTE","BAT_FILE",0);
My batch file was on the current drive.  The routine returned error 193
when the error was retrieved with the wait() function.  I looked in all my
books and could not find a description of the error.  Would somebody please
send me e-mail (as oppossed to posting, as I'll be away from school for a month)
telling me just what is going wrong?  By the way, I also tried a really simple
example, like fexecl("hello",0) and got the same result.

						Many Thanks,
							Alexander Hinds

dml@loral.UUCP (Dave Lewis) (12/25/87)

In article <391@hvrunix.UUCP> ahinds@hvrunix.UUCP (Alexander Hinds) writes:

>	I was experimenting with fexecl(), using Manx3.4a on my 2000, and
>could not get it to work.  A typical example would be:
>		fexecl("RUN","EXECUTE","BAT_FILE",0);
                                    make it 0L ---^
...Amiga lib functions take 32-bit integers, dontcha know.

News fodder
News fodder