[comp.sys.amiga] External 5.25

itkin@stsci.EDU (Elliot Itkin) (12/08/87)

I am trading in my 1000 for the 2000 soon.  I currently have an external
5.25 that I use with transformer.  I would like to get a bridge card
and use my external 5.25 as the only 5.25.  All the local dealers have
an internal 5.25 with the bridge card.  Does anyone know of a dealer
who sells a separate bridge card?  If I must get the internal 5.25,
how do I connect the external 5.25 and external 3.5 and how do I refer
to them?  Could I connect the 5.25 to an IBM PC or clone?

In article <130@mithras> itkin@stsci.EDU (Elliot Itkin) writes:
> I am trading in my 1000 for the 2000 soon.  I currently have an external
> 5.25 that I use with transformer.  I would like to get a bridge card
> and use my external 5.25 as the only 5.25.  All the local dealers have
> an internal 5.25 with the bridge card.  Does anyone know of a dealer
> who sells a separate bridge card?  If I must get the internal 5.25,
> how do I connect the external 5.25 and external 3.5 and how do I refer
> to them?  Could I connect the 5.25 to an IBM PC or clone?

The current USA pricelist only lists an 2088 bundled with the 5.25" drive.
However a recent dealer service memo details a "voids your warranty" change
to the drive select lines to make the A1020 respond as drive A: so you
can boot from it.  Obtaining the 2088 without having to pay for the 5.25"
drive or disposing of the drive is still your problem.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr