[comp.sys.amiga] "Recoverable alert"

The other day I typed "cd t:", and got an alert. "Recoverable Alert", it says.
So, I hit the mouse button and sure enough it recovers. Hmmm, I thinks.

Assign says that T: is still assigned to ram:t. I click over to another CLI
and try it, and it works. OK, back to the front.

I try "cd ram:". No dice. "Recoverable Alert" again.

So I EndCLI that sucker and click up a new one. No further problems.

Anyone know what happened? Did the current directory in that CLI get
clobbered or something?
--
-- Peter da Silva  `-_-'  ...!hoptoad!academ!uhnix1!sugar!peter
-- Disclaimer: These U aren't mere opinions... these are *values*.

In article <1319@sugar.UUCP> peter@sugar.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>The other day I typed "cd t:", and got an alert. "Recoverable Alert", it says.
>So, I hit the mouse button and sure enough it recovers. Hmmm, I thinks.

This will be somewhat common occurence if you mix old/new ARP commands or
BCPL/ARP commands. I suspect if you looked up the code it would be library
not found. Anyway, if you do get ARP from MicroSmiths ($5 to their P.O. Box,
I have forgotton the zip, Joanne will know it if she's listening :-) You
should take care to delete older versions of the Arp commands from your disk.
Anyway, check the search path and see if you may have conflicting names
for useful commands in the path. (known as "the dot problem" in UNIX).

Note on a 2000 without SetAlert this behaviour will cause you to believe
your machine has crashed.

--Chuck McManis