[comp.sys.amiga] bananas

In article <2226@crash.cts.com> steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:
>Has anyone out there encountered the 'banana syndrome' on their Amiga
>1000's yet?  My amiga is warped in the center so much that the
>keyboard has to be forcefully slid under the machine!  Ive just got
>a stock 1080 monitor, nothing heavy. Is this something to be worried
>about, i.e. motherboard cracking in half under the strain?

Sounds pretty nasty. I have a Sony monitor which I'm pretty sure is heavier
than the hitach...err C= monitor, so, worried about the weight, I placed
a piece of 1/2" plywood on top of the cpu unit thingy, and placed the monitor
on top of that. No warp problems, and I park the keyboard in the garage
every night.

--
    Its too dark to put my keys in Santa Fe, or something like that.
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM