[comp.sys.amiga] Yet another YaBoing...

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (01/02/88)

--
In article <6033@cisunx.UUCP> ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>In article <2034@navajo.UUCP>, ali@navajo.UUCP (Ali Ozer) writes:
>> ... I finished and mailed YaBoing II to the comp.sources moderators...
>But does it work with Helios Mouse?  (Gee, some people will complain
>about _anything_! :-) )  The original didn't because as soon
>as you move the mouse, the window is deactivated and >poof< no yaboing!

It does! It should! It'd better! 8-)

In YaBoing II the game can continue even when the window is
inactive. When the window is active, every click of any mouse button simply
toggles the game play. Thus you can also move the window around while the
game is paused --- Something you couldn't do in the original.

Something else that's different is that the sprites will keep on moving at
a rate given by pixels/second rather than pixels/game tick. Thus when
the system is heavily loaded the sprites will "jump" around rather than slowly
and jerkily float around as in YaBoing! (which made them real easy targets).

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu

(The original must've been one tough game with Helios Mouse --- trying to
get those sprites while keeping the mouse over that tiny window...)