[comp.sys.amiga] Good C-64 Assemblers Needed

bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt) (01/06/88)

In article <2667@killer.UUCP> elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) writes:
>in article <22385@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt) says:
>>
>> I designed the hardware and software for the first [Skyles] IEEE-Flash....
>
>...But is decent shielded cable really THAT expensive?

It about doubles the cost of the cable.  The real reason nothing was done
about the RFI was that I had few resources the investiage that type of
stuff at the time.  I really did not know much about the subject.  The
same design now would undergo testing.

Skyles had (and I think has) *NEVER* registered *ANYTHING* with the FCC.
He sells unshielded ram cards for the Amiga series, for example.  Any
number of his products radiate visibly on the local TV sets.  If I did't
have some hope that he can still be forced to pay back royalties on my
products, I'd probably turn him in.

Ironic that using the FCC might prove more effective to halt the unauthorized
sale of my designs than the courts.  BTW: Have I said it before?  "Lawyers
are pond-scum.", every one I have met or hired.

>I appreciate the warning about Skyle's tactics. Jives with what I've heard
>from insiders elsewhere...

Glad to be of help.

>And what's Texit? I've
>heard of Texed (Amiga)... really, it's a shame that I know more about Amiga
>PD/freeware than I do about C-64 stuff, and I don't even OWN an Amiga!

No Amiga!  Gosh, you have some after-christmas shopping to do!  :-)

Texit is an editor that integrates with the CASM assembler (For the C-64).
From CASM type !E or some such to jump into it (The file "Texit C64" must
be on the disk).

>Eric Lee Green  elg@usl.CSNET
>{cbosgd,ihnp4}!killer!elg

DISCLAIMER: It's my distorted viewpoint you're reading.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, SOH, EOT)
{o O} . bryce@hoser.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!hoser!bryce (or try "cogsci")
 (")
  U	"Your theory is crazy... but not crazy enought to be true." -Niels Bohr