[comp.sys.amiga] CP/M Z80 Emulator

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (12/22/87)

I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.

--
Peter Holsberg                          UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                     CompuServe: 70240,334

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (12/25/87)

In article <104@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
>computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.

There is a very nice PD one for the ST...If I remember right, the docs
for it seemed to indicate that the original 'port' source would work
on any 68000 computer (it has been over a year since I played with
it, so the name of the company that wrote it escapes me). Atari did
put this out as a PD disk, so maybe Neil can help? If not, I'm sure
you could get the disk from your local Atari club...

I recall getting about 1.5MHz to 3Mz throughput on most of the
programs I had from the ATR8000 days...things like Perfect Writer,
Wordstar, Turbo Pascal, etc all worked fine. I even used some of my
wifes software that I copied over from her Geneva portable and it
ran fine (but emulating a 80 char by 8 line display).

  -Todd Burkey
   trb@stag.UUCP

root@dg2kk.UUCP (The Superuser) (01/02/88)

In article <104@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
| I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
| computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.
|

| Trenton, NJ 08690                       Voice: 1-609-586-4800
There is a PD CP/M Emulator (in software) available for the Atari-ST.
It seems that the Atari Version was originally written for a CPM68k system.

-Walter

amiguy@pnet01.cts.com (Sean Wolfe) (01/08/88)

root@dg2kk writes:
>In article <104@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>| I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
>| computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.
>|

>| Trenton, NJ 08690                       Voice: 1-609-586-4800
>There is a PD CP/M Emulator (in software) available for the Atari-ST.
>It seems that the Atari Version was originally written for a CPM68k system.
>
>-Walter

I have a PD CP/M emulator for the Amy.  It is a simple one, but it does work
to some extent.  It is missing some of the BIOS calls, though..
An associate of mine in Riverside (Hi,Jim if you see this..) is currently
working hard on another one..Which is suppost to be a lot more compatiable.
If you want, I can UUENCODE it and post it here...

P.S. I tried UUENCODE today (I don't have a doc file for it) and I tried, but
I can't figure it out... Anyone out there tell me a quick command sequence
to encode a file... Thnkx.

AmiGuy
Sean Wolfe
Wolfe Baker Systems
.e 14

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (01/10/88)

Thanks; I'd love a copy.  Re: UUENCODE, all I ever did was
		uuencode <filename>
Doesn't that work for you?