[comp.sys.amiga] Blitz Source Request

jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Jeff Taylor) (01/08/88)

 I am VERY interested in the "inner" workings of BLITZFONTS.

 I would be very interested in getting the source code to this
   piece of coding.   If this is possible (me getting the source)
   will someone who has information send me some info about it.
       (or send me the source ]if you have it)

 I hope to hear from YOU soon !!

 Rachell Feury

     jtaylor@g.ms.uky.edu

THANKS !!

ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) (01/09/88)

In article <8006@g.ms.uky.edu>, jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Jeff Taylor) writes:

>  I am VERY interested in the "inner" workings of BLITZFONTS.
>
>  I would be very interested in getting the source code to this
>    piece of coding.   If this is possible (me getting the source)
>    will someone who has information send me some info about it.
>        (or send me the source ]if you have it)

  As far as I know, the source is not available.  You could try
getting it from Hayes Haugen, the author, but he apparently is no longer
supporting his shareware.  He cashed my check and forgot about me, and
apparently tossed my subsequent letters in the trash.  I've heard of
other people having problems with this guy, too.  I detect a trend here.

The bottom line is, I think you're out of luck.  I definitely wouldn't
recommend sending any money to this jerk in hopes of getting it from
him.  You wouldn't even get the binaries, let alone the sources.

>  Rachell Feury
>
>      jtaylor@g.ms.uky.edu

Eric Kennedy

In article <6097@cisunx.UUCP> ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>In article <8006@g.ms.uky.edu>, jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Jeff Taylor) writes:
>>
>>  I am VERY interested in the "inner" workings of BLITZFONTS.
>>
>>  I would be very interested in getting the source code to this
>>    piece of coding.   If this is possible (me getting the source)
>>    will someone who has information send me some info about it.
>>        (or send me the source ]if you have it)
>
>  As far as I know, the source is not available.  You could try
>getting it from Hayes Haugen, the author, but he apparently is no longer
>supporting his shareware.  He cashed my check and forgot about me, and
>apparently tossed my subsequent letters in the trash.  I've heard of
>other people having problems with this guy, too.  I detect a trend here.
>
>The bottom line is, I think you're out of luck.  I definitely wouldn't
>recommend sending any money to this jerk in hopes of getting it from
>him.  You wouldn't even get the binaries, let alone the sources.
>
>>  Rachell Feury
>
>Eric Kennedy

What about WarpText ?  That made the rounds here (or was it in the
source/binary groups ?) a while ago.

The Author, Bill Kelly, can be reached at 'billk@pnet01.cts.com' or
try to derive a uucp path from my sig...

--
             It's too dark in Santa Fe, or something like that.
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

haitex@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) (01/11/88)

richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <6097@cisunx.UUCP> ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>>In article <8006@g.ms.uky.edu>, jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Jeff Taylor) writes:
>>>
>>>  I am VERY interested in the "inner" workings of BLITZFONTS.
>>
>>  As far as I know, the source is not available.  You could try
>
>What about WarpText ?  That made the rounds here (or was it in the
>source/binary groups ?) a while ago.
>
>The Author, Bill Kelly, can be reached at 'billk@pnet01.cts.com' or
>try to derive a uucp path from my sig...

        A Modula-2 version of WarpText (by Leon Frenkel) and the ARCed
source (by Bill Kelley, Assembly) exist on one of the Benchmark sample
source disks.A

                                                        Good Luck,

                                                                Wade.

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!haitex
ARPA: crash!pnet01!haitex@nosc.mil
INET: haitex@pnet01.CTS.COM

richc@vaxwaller.UUCP (Rich Commins) (01/14/88)

In article <6097@cisunx.UUCP>, ejkst@cisunx.UUCP (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:

>   As far as I know, the source is not available.  You could try
> getting it from Hayes Haugen, the author, but he apparently is no longer
> supporting his shareware.  He cashed my check and forgot about me, and
> apparently tossed my subsequent letters in the trash.  I've heard of
> other people having problems with this guy, too.  I detect a trend here.

	This is the first time on the net that I've heard of a sharware
	author not supporting his product.  I feel that sharware is
	important in providing lowcost software for the Amiga community
	and this ripoff is sad.

	Question:  Does anyone else know of sharware authors who are
	ripping us off?
Rich Commins   (415)939-2400				          \  /\
Varian Instruments, 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598    \/--\
{ptsfa,lll-crg,zehntel,dual,amd,fortune,ista,rtech,csi,normac}varian!richc