[comp.sys.amiga] 1571 Disk Driver Trouble.

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) (01/13/88)

Hello Everyone:

Note: comp.sys.cbm did not exist in usenet. I now send e-mails via comp.sys.
amiga for all commodores.

   Last December, I used my commodore 128 with my 1571 disk drive. I tried
copy my file to other diskette by using PIP A:=E:<file>. pip loaded and
run then it tried to copy it and it gave me fatal error message:
ERROR: I/O DISK ERROR. I tried copy a file again and it gave me the same
message. I turned off and on my commodore 128. I tried to dir my normal
diskette. 1571 displayed green led brief. I tried to type PRINT DS$ and
it gave me that 71, DRIVE NOT READY, 00, 00 but diskette already is in.

   I took my 1571 to repair shop. The techinaian said that 1571 have
bad machinism defective and head defective. It costs me $130. He said
me that I should call Commodore Techinal Center for manfacturing defective.
I did not drop or abuse it but motor jammed in my 1571! What happens with
my 1571??? He at MVS electroncs at Irwin, Pa said me that I should call
Commodore for free parts. Should I pay $130 for fix my 1571?

   Next Day, He at MVS Electronics said that found other upper head defective.
He believe that my 1571 had major manfacturing defective but my 1571 is
6 months old after I bought it in May 1987. Who made mistaken to build
1571 drives? I believe that workers at your company build 1571 drives careless!

-- Tim Stark

+==============================================================================+
| Timothy Stark          | BitNet:   11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET                    |
| Gallaudet University   | Internet: 11TSTARK%GALLUA.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU    |
| P.O. Box 1453          | UUCP:     ...!psuvax1!gallua.bitnet!11tstark        |
| Washington, DC. 20002  | CSNET:    11TSTARK%GALLUA.BITNET@RELAY.CS.NET       |
| USA                    | QLink:    TimS18                                    |
+==============================================================================+
 slkjd fjdjlf ds fldsjlkj  fldjfdjs sd f jfjflkdk fjffioweer  fkfoe  fdjjfd
 dkj  sjnvngdi fddskmbb dkjrticks skfmvmff kfdigoulapsz f dskxi,e szki z???

>Hello Everyone:
>
>Note: comp.sys.cbm did not exist in usenet. I now send e-mails via comp.sys.
>amiga for all commodores.

	Woooaa.  comp.sys.cbm certainly does exist.  Perhaps there is
something wrong at your site?  Anyway, comp.sys.amiga is not the place to
put C64/C128/PET stuff.  I have nothing against those computers (I have a
PET and C64 myself.. a bit dusty though), but this group is overloaded as it
is with Amiga stuff...

				-Matt

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (01/14/88)

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) writes:

>Note: comp.sys.cbm did not exist in usenet. I now send e-mails via comp.sys.
>amiga for all commodores.

comp.sys.cbm certainly DOES exist in usenet.  If you expect to get answers
for C64 questions, then I suggest you find out why your site doesn't get
that group.  The chances you will find C64 mavens on comp.sys.amiga (except
for the occasional person like Bryce) is minimal.  Please don't clutter
up comp.sys.amiga any more than it already is.

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) (01/15/88)

in article <8801130122.AA04659@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, 11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) says:

> Hello Everyone:

> Note: comp.sys.cbm did not exist in usenet. I now send e-mails via comp.sys.
> amiga for all commodores.

Please don't! There is more than enought Amiga discussion to keep track
of here, we don't need any C64 stuff cluttering up comp.sys.amiga.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland    540 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
UUCP Addresses:  {ihnp4,ucbvax,allegra,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne