[comp.sys.amiga] Shell bugs?

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/10/88)

I am having a problem with Matt Dillions Shell V2.07
It seems that sometimes I resize the window, the program will
lock up when I try resizing it again, can anyone help?

Steve Chan
UUCP: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/10/88)

I guess my last message didn't get posted, so I am reposting it again
I think that there is a window resizing bug in shell v2.07 by Steve Drew
everytime you resize the window and expand it again, the program will lock
up not allowing any keyboard input, any help will be appreciated!

Steve Chan
UUCP: gatech!petro!atium!chanst

kip@wybbs.UUCP (Kip DeGraaf) (01/15/88)

In article <129@atrium.UUCP>, chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) writes:

> I am having a problem with Matt Dillions Shell V2.07
> It seems that sometimes I resize the window, the program will
> lock up when I try resizing it again, can anyone help?

  I too have had this problem, especially when I use the program WinSize to
do my resizing for me.  I believe that the window gets stuck in RAW mode.
(just a guess which I will explain in a bit).

  What I do to correct the problem is manually resize the window to a
different size with the mouse.  After the resize you will get what looks like
a RAW window status result on your next command line.  Just ^X it and resize
your window to where you want it.

  Kip DeGraaf                Sorry no fancy signature,
  inhp4!killer!wybbs!kip         I'm only creative
  kip@wybbs.UUCP                  when I program.