[comp.sys.amiga] BBS Software for the Amiga

jw@sics.se (Johan Widen) (01/19/88)

A few days ago I asked if anyone knew about BBS software for the Amiga. I got
a couple of answers.

	ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White), one of the comp.sources.amiga

	arubin@spies (Andy Rubin) writes:
>My favorite BBS software for the Amiga (and IBM PC and Atari ST and MANY
>CP/M computers) is Citadel.  It was originally written in C by a person
>who used the pseudo-nym CrT, and was released into the public domain
>in early 1980.  It has been ported to well over 30 different machines,
>including the Amiga.  It has also been ported to Unix, and named "UNIXrooms".
>
>It is a discussion based BBS, with networking (even Amiga), up/downloads,
>XMODEM, XMODEM CRC, YMODEM, YMODEM BATCH.  Each conference (er, "rooms"
>in Citadel-terms) can be public or private.

I think "networking" is similar to what the Fido BBS software provides.

Does anyone know where one can find the source for Citadel?

With source code available for both Citadel and TAGBBS the future for Amiga
BBS systems looks bright.

Johan Widen
SICS, PO Box 1263, S-164 28 KISTA, SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 752 15 32	Ttx: 812 61 54 SICS S	Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
Internet: jw@sics.se or {mcvax,munnari,ukc,unido}!enea!sics.se!jw