[comp.sys.amiga] Memory expansion and devices

UN031322@WVNVMS.BITNET (Michael A. Packer) (01/11/88)

I am wondering what success and failures people have had with memory
expansion boards for the Amiga 1000?  Which ones are the best for the
money, I am looking for 2 Megs.

Also, Could someone please post a message or send me mail telling me
what the different files are in the DEVS: directory, I know what
a few of them are but still wonder about some of the others

                                Hasta,
                                Michael Packer

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) (01/16/88)

UN031322@WVNVMS.BITNET (Michael A. Packer) writes:
>I am wondering what success and failures people have had with memory
>expansion boards for the Amiga 1000?  Which ones are the best for the
>money, I am looking for 2 Megs.
>
>                                Hasta,
>                                Michael Packer

Michael, I recommend the Micron Technology, Inc. 2 Meg RAM Expansion for the
A1000.  It is autoconfiguring and should you ever upgrade to the A2000 you can
remove this card from its external box and slap it right into a 2000 slot.  It
has proven trouble free.  Their number is 208-386-3800.

Bill

UUCP: {ihnp4!scgvaxd!cadovax rutgers!marque}!gryphon!pnet02!bilbo
INET: bilbo@pnet02.cts.com

haitex@pnet01.cts.com (Wade Bickel) (01/20/88)

bilbo@pnet02.cts.com (Bill Daggett) writes:
>UN031322@WVNVMS.BITNET (Michael A. Packer) writes:
>>I am wondering what success and failures people have had with memory
>>expansion boards for the Amiga 1000?  Which ones are the best for the
>>money, I am looking for 2 Megs.
>
>Michael, I recommend the Micron Technology, Inc. 2 Meg RAM Expansion for the
>A1000.  It is autoconfiguring and should you ever upgrade to the A2000 you can
>remove this card from its external box and slap it right into a 2000 slot.  It
>has proven trouble free.  Their number is 208-386-3800.

        There are a variety of good expansion boards out there.  I recommend
anyone purchasing such should buy one which supports a 68881 as a memory
mapped device.  I have a Pacific Peripherals 4 meg box with 2 megs in it, and
it has functioned flawlessly.  However it does not support the 68881, much to
my disappointment.

                                                        That's my two-bytes,

                                                                        Wade.

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!haitex
ARPA: crash!pnet01!haitex@nosc.mil
INET: haitex@pnet01.CTS.COM