[comp.sys.amiga] AMOEBA and the 20

flocchini@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0048;0000006236;200;745;53;) (01/17/88)

In article <193@vertigo.UUCP> rusty@vertigo.UUCP (91341-M.W.HADDOCK) writes:
>In article <531@ra.rice.edu> phil@rice.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
>    >AMOEBA is great!  AMOEBA is wonderful!  AMOEBA is on Fish Disk 120, and
>
>But Amoeba doesn't run too hot on my '020.   The speed's OK but...
>at some random time the munchins just stop - a little bit later they
>come back but leave an image on the screen where they stopped.  TWO
>sets of munchins but only one moves!!!
>
>Leo, anyone else with an '020:
>	What happen's on your???   Please send me mail and tell me my
>	CSA '020 isn't screwed.... B-)

I get the same results with my CSA Turbo. Either we both have a bad box
or there is something wrong with AMOEBA.

In a previous posting I had mentionted the game Detonator. It is heavily
copy protected and must be write enabled to run. As I thought it lasted
about 20 minutes. I was lucky because the Winners Circle in Berkeley
let me exchange it for another title. Definitely a game I would stay away
from

Bob Flocchini

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/20/88)

In article <848@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu>, flocchini@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0048;0000006236;200;745;53;) writes:

> In a previous posting I had mentionted the game Detonator. It is heavily
> copy protected and must be write enabled to run. As I thought it lasted
> about 20 minutes. I was lucky because the Winners Circle in Berkeley
> let me exchange it for another title. Definitely a game I would stay away
> from

I also have the same problem with detonator, I don't mind needing
to write enable the thing for it to run, but several times I crashes
on me after I hit the last brick in the second level, the graphics
in this game in great, but because of the sound effects and this
annoying crash, I had to bring it back to the store and exchanged for
Emerald Mine.

Steve Chan
UUCP: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst