[comp.sys.amiga] Is the new MANX compiler/debugger out yet?

billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) (01/15/88)

Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?

				Bill Hansen
				billh@teklim.LIM.TEK.COM

baer@percival.UUCP (Ken Baer) (01/16/88)

In article <2359@tekig4.TEK.COM> billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) writes:
>Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?

I called Manx last week.  They said that they have started processing orders,
and people would start receiving the debugger depending on where in the
list they were.  I hope I'm not too far down, I think SDB will save me
countless hours of banging my head against the wall.  Hey GURU, pack your
bags!

--
	-Ken Baer.
   //   Amiga: The PC that CAN walk and chew gum at the same time.

cks@radio.toronto.edu (Chris Siebenmann) (01/18/88)

 When I called them last week, they said that the disks were being
duplicated and the manuals were being printed; they expect to start
shipping in two to three weeks.

--
	"Don't worry... Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by
	 suggesting you surrender name without torture."

jca@homxc.UUCP (J.ANTROSIGLIO) (01/18/88)

In article <2359@tekig4.TEK.COM>, billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) writes:
> Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?
>
> 				Bill Hansen
> 				billh@teklim.LIM.TEK.COM

I spoke to Manx on 1/15 about my order and they say they weren't
shipping yet.

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

	John C. Antrosiglio
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	Holmdel, New Jersey 07733
	(201)949-2374
	ihnp4!{homxc|hotlf|hotld}!jca

morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) (01/19/88)

In article <2359@tekig4.TEK.COM> billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) writes:
>Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?

I called Manx this morning, prepared to order.  I was told that they
would be shipping 3.6 in about two weeks.  You'd think that they could
bloody well have the thing ready now that they've been advertising the
stupid thing for three months now.

It sort of makes you wonder how long it's going to take them to get
4.0 out!

--
-----------
Morgan Jones - Bramalea Software Inc.       ...!utgpu!telly \ !brambo!morgan

wdg@unccvax.UUCP (Doug Gullett) (01/19/88)

In article <2832@homxc.UUCP>, jca@homxc.UUCP (J.ANTROSIGLIO) writes:
> In article <2359@tekig4.TEK.COM>, billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen)writes:
> > Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?
> >
> > 				Bill Hansen
> > 				billh@teklim.LIM.TEK.COM
>
> I spoke to Manx on 1/15 about my order and they say they weren't
> shipping yet.

I spoke to the MANX people at AmiExpo LA and they said that 3.6 will begin
shipping this week.  They did mention that 3.6 would ship without their
new debugger!!  The debugger would follow in about two weeks (RSN).  I
did see there demo of debugger and it looked great, now if it would just
arrive ;^).

				Doug Gullett

DISCLAIMER:  I disclaim everything!!

dave@koko.UUCP (dave wells) (01/20/88)

Manx was selling both 3.6 and SDB at AmiExpo.  SDB looks !NICE!  I was
wavering between Lattice and Aztec, but SDB has convinced me to buy
Aztec.  From the demo that I saw,  I would say that it does all that
BSD 4.2 SDB does plus some, and it does it nicer!

					David
--
David Wells					dave@csustan.UUCP
(209) 522-1816					lll-crg!csustan!dave

rap@dana.UUCP (Rob Peck) (01/22/88)

In article <165@brambo.UUCP>, morgan@brambo.UUCP (Morgan W. Jones) writes:
> In article <2359@tekig4.TEK.COM> billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) writes:
> >Has anyone seen this or heard when it will be out?
>
> I called Manx this morning, prepared to order.  I was told that they
> would be shipping 3.6 in about two weeks.  You'd think that they could
> bloody well have the thing ready now that they've been advertising the
> stupid thing for three months now.

Flames down, folks, this company seems to be quite responsive and has
what I think is a good product.  This kinda thing can happen to the
best of them.

I spoke to Jim Goodnow from Manx at the LA Amy Expo and he explained
that "knowing the usual delay from submitting the AD copy to the time
it gets published, we allowed the 'usual' time we figured we'd need
to adequately test the product, print the manual, ship the disk and
so on, then submitted the copy.  To our surprise, the copy appeared
considerably in advance of usual and customary time - we were nearly
as surprized as you to see it in the magazines".   Paraphrased response
perhaps, but I think I got the gist of it.

I can sympathize with that, something similar happened once to me.  Anyway,
it looks like the product is indeed real, I saw it demo'ed and I am
waiting in line for my copy also.  I was impressed.

DISCLAIMER: I have no connection with MANX, and am simply another
anxious but satisfied customer.

Rob Peck				...ihnp4!hplabs!dana!rap