[comp.sys.amiga] Error on my version of $interpret

zabot@cesare.dec.com (Adv.Tech.Mgr-ACT Torino) (01/22/88)

Subj:   Error on $interpret ( was Re: JFORTH )

    	Sorry, somehow a SWAP has been swapped out of the file
    I posted yesterday. Here is the corrected version of $interpret.
    The missed SWAP is indicated.

---------------------cut here -------------------------------------
: $INTERPRET  ( string-addr string-cnt -- ???? )
  'TIB @ >r     #TIB @ >r     >IN @ >r   FBLK @ >r   BLK @ >r
  #TIB !  'TIB !  >in off   fblk off   blk off
  BEGIN   bl word   dup c@  \ is there anything in the input stream left?
  WHILE   find              \ YES ... is it in the dictionary?
          IF   compiling?  over >name immediate? 0= and
               IF   cfa,    \ COMPILE it if in comp mode AND its not immediate
               ELSE execute \ otherwise, EXECUTE the thing!
               THEN
          ELSE  \ if its not found in dictionary, is it a number?
                dup number?
                0= if ."    What's that ??-> " $. ." ?"
		   else	drop [compile] literal SWAP drop
          	   then			(      ^^^^     )
	  THEN
  REPEAT  \ while we did find find something, go back and check again...
  drop    \ nothing left to EXECUTE, get rid of address on stack
  r> blk !   r> fblk !   r> >in !   r> #tib !   r> 'tib !
;

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (01/22/88)

zabot@cesare.dec.com (Adv.Tech.Mgr-ACT Torino) wrote:
>: $INTERPRET  ( string-addr string-cnt -- ???? )
>  'TIB @ >r     #TIB @ >r     >IN @ >r   FBLK @ >r   BLK @ >r
>  #TIB !  'TIB !  >in off   fblk off   blk off
>  BEGIN   bl word   dup c@  \ is there anything in the input stream left?

Looks like some uuencoded file to me!		:-)

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
"I don't know such stuff.  I just do eyes."  -- from 'Blade Runner'