[comp.sys.amiga] BBS software for the Amiga?

jw@sics.se (Johan Widen) (01/10/88)

What bbs software is available for the Amiga? We have something called
BBS-PC on a system over here, but we are not all that pleased with it. Some
of the users have started writing their own bbs software but progress is slow.

I'm interested in both commercial and home brew bbs software. I'd appreciate
any pointers.

Note that we require software that runs on the Amiga. IBM-PC software is not
acceptable, for religious reasons 8-).

				Thanks,

--
Johan Widen
SICS, PO Box 1263, S-164 28 KISTA, SWEDEN

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (01/13/88)

In article <1673@sics.se> jw@sics.UUCP (Johan Widen) writes:
>What bbs software is available for the Amiga?

   There is a PD BBS that we will be posting RSN called TAGBBS.  Would have
posted it sooner but there were a couple of files missing from the initial
submission including the docs.  As soon as I get the docs, I'll test it
and post it...

   BTW, anyone have any particular interest in the binary?  It is big (113K),
and wasn't part of the submission, so I'm not going to post it unless there is
interest.

-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)
UUCP: k.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM   PHONE: (317) 743-8421
U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (01/16/88)

In article <1912@s.cc.purdue.edu> ain@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Patrick White) writes:
>   There is a PD BBS that we will be posting RSN called TAGBBS.
>
>   BTW, anyone have any particular interest in the binary?  It is big (113K),
>and wasn't part of the submission, so I'm not going to post it unless there is
>interest.
>-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)

Pat--

If you don't post it, at least have it available for Anon FTP.  I know four
people in the Boston area who would love to start up BBSs on there amigas, but
don't have the money to spend on the software.  And that means they don't have
the money to spend on a compiler, so the binaries are what they need (I'm one
of them).

Be seeing you...
--Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu    ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz
"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the only misfortune is to do it
 solemnly"   --Michel de Montaigne

arubin@spies.UUCP (01/16/88)

In article <2280@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) writes:
> In article <1912@s.cc.purdue.edu> ain@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Patrick White) writes:
> >   There is a PD BBS that we will be posting RSN called TAGBBS.
> >-- Pat White   (co-moderator comp.sources/binaries.amiga)
>
> Pat--
>
> If you don't post it, at least have it available for Anon FTP.  I know four
> people in the Boston area who would love to start up BBSs on there amigas,
> --Lang Zerner      langz@athena.mit.edu    ihnp4!mit-eddie!athena.mit.edu!langz

Anyone who wants the Citadel BBS system which has been ported to the Amiga,
please send e-mail to my sys.  I'll arrange for either the source/binaries
to be availible here, or to mail you the diskettes, depending on how
many responses I get.

         - arubin@spies.UUCP (Andy Rubin)

BTW; for those of you who have never used Citadel, call (612) 866-1804
(it's running on an IBM-PC, but the number is available for the Amiga
version.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten it.)

career@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Gideon B. Sheps) (01/19/88)

my machine has never heard of spies.uucp, can you mail me a path to you
thanks

--
University of Toronto Career Centre	        Research Office
Koffler Student Services Centre		        Gideon Sheps

The University has a stake in any opinions I develop while using their
resources should they prove to be commercially viable.

ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) (01/21/88)

>>   There is a PD BBS that we will be posting RSN called TAGBBS.
>If you don't post it, at least have it available for Anon FTP.  I know four

   Well, it dosen't look like I will be posting it as soon as I thought --
the origional submission I got was lacking 2 .c files, and a .h file.. then
docs, and now it looks like it is missing the command *necessary* to
initialize the BBS.  I've sent off to the author to see if I can get
a fresh copy of the entire system...

   I guess this is a good example of why we are here -- to make sure that
only complete, useable stuff gets posted to sources/binaries.  And also a
good reason not to have raw submissions available for ftp...

>the binaries are what they need (I'm one of them).

   If you send me a non-uucp address, then I'll send you a copy of the
binaries when I post the rest -- or I'll just post the binaries if there is
enough interest.  Currently, there is only 1 person that has expressed
an interest in the binaries (aside from you that is :-)

rjk107@pawl14.pawl.rpi.edu (Robert J. Kudla) (01/22/88)

In article <1912@s.cc.purdue.edu> ain@s.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Patrick White) writes:

>   BTW, anyone have any particular interest in the binary?  It is big (113K),
>and wasn't part of the submission, so I'm not going to post it unless there is
>interest.

If the binary=the source code, I want it.... anxious to learn how other
people do BBS's on the AMIGA!