[comp.sys.amiga] Viewing Mac images on the Amiga

childs@cadnetix.UUCP (David Childs) (01/21/88)

I am looking for some means to view Mac images on an Amiga.  It seems
that the best way to do this is to modem(Null or whatever) the image
over to the Amiga, or IBM (360k floppy) and then convert it to an iff
image.  Is there any package (free or not) that does this?  Thanks in
advance.

David Childs  Cadnetix Corp.  (303) 444-8075  childs@cadnetix.UUCP

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (01/22/88)

In article <1885@cadnetix.UUCP> childs@cadnetix.UUCP (David Childs) writes:
>I am looking for some means to view Mac images on an Amiga.  It seems
>that the best way to do this is to modem(Null or whatever) the image
>over to the Amiga, or IBM (360k floppy) and then convert it to an iff
>image.

Check out MacView from Fish disk 35 (also 32, but version in 35 comes with
sample pictures). It takes MacPaint pictures, displays them on the Amiga
(in either 320x200 or 640x400, with scroll gadgets in both cases). You also
have the option of saving the images as IFF files.

And yes, you can transfer files from the Mac to the Amiga, using kermits
at both ends and a null modem cable. Of course, you have to make sure
you have the appropriate modes set so that the kermits do not screw up
your binary files. (Tom Rokicki and I once transferred many bytes of source
from the Mac to the Amiga, and it worked wonderfully. Of course, all the
files we transferred were text files...)

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/23/88)

In article <1885@cadnetix.UUCP>, childs@cadnetix.UUCP (David Childs) writes:
> I am looking for some means to view Mac images on an Amiga.  It seems
> that the best way to do this is to modem(Null or whatever) the image
> over to the Amiga, or IBM (360k floppy) and then convert it to an iff
> image.  Is there any package (free or not) that does this?  Thanks in
> advance.

I think you need Macview.. it will load and display a picture in Macpaint
format, you still need to transfer you file to your Amiga.  Macview
is shareware, so it would be nice to send some donations to author to
show appreciation to his work.  Macview is one of the fish disks.. Forgot
which one..

Hope that helps..

| Steve Chan                            UUCP: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst |
| @ Atrium @ The Alamo                BITNET: chanst@atrium.UUCP         |
| San Antonio, Texas                    ARPA:                            |
| 'If you put your minds to it, you could accomplish anything!' - Doc    |