[comp.sys.amiga] Manx 3.6

joels@tekred.UUCP (10/23/87)

Manx also claims their Sdb (Source level debugger) will be available
in November. It will cost $75 and not be part of 3.60. I already
have SDB on the IBM. It is a big improvement over the old db. The
IBM version came with my 4.1 update at no additional charge tho.

Joel Swank
Tektronix, Redmond, Oregon
joels@tekred.TEK.COM

billh@tekig4.TEK.COM (William Hansen) (10/23/87)

In article <1723@tekred.TEK.COM> joels@tekred.TEK.COM (Joel Swank) writes:

>Manx also claims their Sdb (Source level debugger) will be available
>in November. It will cost $75 and not be part of 3.60.
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Joel Swank

That's odd, when I called them last week they said that the $75 upgrade
included the latest compiler release....

						Bill Hansen
						billh@teklim.LIM.TEK.COM

joels@tekred.TEK.COM (Joel Swank) (10/23/87)

> >Manx also claims their Sdb (Source level debugger) will be available
> >in November. It will cost $75 and not be part of 3.60.
>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >Joel Swank
>
> That's odd, when I called them last week they said that the $75 upgrade
> included the latest compiler release....
> 						Bill Hansen

What I mean is that if you still have time on your year of free updates
you get the 3.6 compiler, but you have to pay extra for Sdb. It sounds
like you are saying that if you buy the Sdb, you get 3.6 at no extra cost.

Joel Swank
Tektronix, Redmond, Oregon
joels@tekred.TEK.COM

STETNERD@UREGINA1.BITNET ("Douglas G. Stetner") (01/24/88)

I also bought the Commercial version of Manx.  But when I called for my
3.6 upgrade (in Nov. ) I demanded my lib sources as per our agreement.
The person I ordered from said that there would be no problem.  I had to
pay the extra $75 ($50?) for the SDB but I think that that is justified
because it is not part of my original purchase.  I gave them a call last
week (Jan 20th) and they said they would be shipping in about a week.
As far as I am concerned, I bought a years updates of the library source
and they MUST live up to it if they don't want to get into a lot of legal
hassels and a lot of bad PR.

Doug