[comp.sys.amiga] Contract Games Programmer Wanted

comstock@opus.uucp (Dave Comstock) (01/15/88)

NOTE:  I am posting this for a friend.  As time is of the essence, please
       contact him directly.  If he doesn't get a response in the next few
       days, he may have to turn down the proposal.

** WANTED **

Experienced AMIGA sofware developer(s) to convert a Nintendo system game to the
AMIGA on a contract basis.  Satisfactory completion of this game may lead to
contracts for additional games, including coin-operated conversions selected
by you and (perhaps) original AMIGA games.  Because the project deadline is
only a few months away, the developer or development team must be able to start
before the end of January.

DETAILS:

Banana Development, Inc., is a Milwaukee-based home-computer games company
specializing in IBM PC and Apple II/IIe/gs conversions of coin-operated
videogames under contract for major software vendors.  Banana Development is
well-connected, with contacts at companies such as Konami, Mindscape, EA, and
ATARI Games, Inc. (the coin-operated game company, owned by NAMCO).  They have
just received their first AMIGA proposal and, due to a shortage of programmers
and a long learning curve, are looking for an experienced AMIGA programmer or
a team of programmers who can complete this first game by late-April/early-May.

The initial game is an AMIGA version of the Nintendo home game Castlevania,
which should be easy to program on the AMIGA.  The game has a horizontally-
scrolling playfield, two-voice music, and players must take turns in the
two-player mode.  Banana Development can provide a Nintendo machine with the
game cartridge and the services of an artist, who can travel and work with
you for several weeks.

The salary is between $10,000 and $15,000, depending on experience, as
demonstrated by public-domain and/or commercial AMIGA software.  Although most
of the money will, of course, be paid on completion, Banana Development is
pretty flexible about payment schedules.  They normally pay a weekly salary
with bonuses at project milestones.  If necessary, some advance money can be
arranged.

As stated above, time is short;  if no suitable Amigoid comes forward within
the next few days, they will probably turn down the proposal.  If their first
AMIGA game is well-received, Banana Development will be willing to take your
conversion requests and shop the titles to their clients.  After they establish
a track record of high-quality AMIGA games, they will be branching out into
original AMIGA game designs.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CALL

		Matt Markwalder
		(414) 797-8087 (office)
		(414) 257-2032 (home)

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

				David Comstock
				Tymnet, Inc.
				tymix!comstock

lbrown@apctrc.UUCP (Lawrence H. Brown) (01/22/88)

In article <1526@tymix.UUCP:: comstock@opus.UUCP () writes:
::
::** WANTED **
::
::Experienced AMIGA sofware developer(s) to convert a Nintendo system game to the
::AMIGA on a contract basis.  Satisfactory completion of this game may lead to
::contracts for additional games, including coin-operated conversions selected
::by you and (perhaps) original AMIGA games.  Because the project deadline is
::only a few months away, the developer or development team must be able to start
::before the end of January.
::
::The initial game is an AMIGA version of the Nintendo home game Castlevania,
::
::The salary is between $10,000 and $15,000, depending on experience, as
::demonstrated by public-domain and/or commercial AMIGA software.  Although most
::		Matt Markwalder
::		(414) 797-8087 (office)
::		(414) 257-2032 (home)

Go for it big guy!!

--
	Lawrence H. Brown
USENET: ...!uunet!apctrc!cdf!zlhb0a or zlhb0a@cdf.apctrc.uucp (?)

In article <422@apctrc.UUCP> lbrown@apctrc.UUCP (Lawrence H. Brown) writes:
>In article <1526@tymix.UUCP:: comstock@opus.UUCP () writes:
>::** WANTED **
>::
>::Experienced AMIGA sofware developer(s) to convert a Nintendo system game
>::to the AMIGA on a contract basis.  [ ... ]
>
>Go for it big guy!!

	Too late.

	I'm already working on a project.  We're trying to cook up a
plausible code name for it.

	And no, I can't tell you about it; I want it to be a surprise....

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	ihnp4!ptsfa -\
 \_ -_		Recumbent Bikes:	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
"Simplicity and clarity should be your theme in dress."
		-- A fortune cookie I got in LA's Atomic Cafe.