[comp.sys.amiga] ellipse algor.

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) (01/22/88)

I need a good, FAST algorythm to draw ellipses/circles in C.

I also need a good fill routine (similiar to flood, but better!).

Please email me the info if you can.  Thanks!

Hans Bechtel

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Richard L. Carreiro) (01/23/88)

The 1.2 of the system has a new grphics primitive DrawEllipse.  I'm
not quite sure on it's parameters, but I think it's:
    DrawEllipse(rp,x,y,rx,ry)
     rp=pointer to RastPort
     x,y=center of ellipse
   rx,ry=x and y radii of ellipse

Hope this helps, Amiga gods, please correct me if I'm wrong.

--Rich

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (Hans Bechtel) (01/24/88)

In article <2477@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Richard L. Carreiro) writes:
>The 1.2 of the system has a new grphics primitive DrawEllipse.  I'm
>not quite sure on it's parameters, but I think it's:
>    DrawEllipse(rp,x,y,rx,ry)
>     rp=pointer to RastPort
>     x,y=center of ellipse
>   rx,ry=x and y radii of ellipse
>
>--Rich

I have tried the DrawEllipse function, but it is WAY TOO SLOWWWW....

I need an algorythm that is extremely fast, written in C, callable
by other subroutines, (or even written in assembler!) for OUR
FAVORITE MACHINE...

Hans Bechtel

"amiga for life..."