[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaDOS 1.3, Minix, and Sidecar for Amiga 500?

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) (01/25/88)

Sir,

   I heard that AmigaDOS 1.3 will come out soon. If I purchase Amiga 500
with AmigaDOS 1.2, How do I can upgrade AmigaDOS 1.3 from old version
for Amiga 500?? Also, I heard that AmigaDOS 1.3 will provide faster filesystem,
X-windows, and boot from hard disk. Thanks!

   I heard that someone are porting Minix to Amiga. Will anyone can port
it to Amiga?? I like that Minix. Minix is very good operating system
because it used V7 system calls compitable. If no, I maybe can port
it to Amiga because I am taking my course, Operating Systems and Computer
Arch. ;-)

   I really like Sidecar for Amiga series. Will sidecar works for Amiga 500??
Will Sidecar supports slot expansions and 8088 CPU???

-- Tim Stark

+==============================================================================+
| Timothy Stark          | BitNet:   11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET                    |
| Gallaudet University   | Internet: 11TSTARK%GALLUA.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU    |
| P.O. Box 1453          | UUCP:     ...!psuvax1!gallua.bitnet!11tstark        |
| Washington, DC. 20002  | CSNET:    11TSTARK%GALLUA.BITNET@RELAY.CS.NET       |
| USA                    | QLink:    TimS18                                    |
+==============================================================================+
 slkjd fjdjlf ds fldsjlkj  fldjfdjs sd f jfjflkdk fjffioweer  fkfoe  fdjjfd
 dkj  sjnvngdi fddskmbb dkjrticks skfmvmff kfdigoulapsz f dskxi,e szki z???

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/27/88)

In article <8801242051.AA25173@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, 11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET (Timothy Stark) writes:

>    I heard that AmigaDOS 1.3 will come out soon. If I purchase Amiga 500
> with AmigaDOS 1.2, How do I can upgrade AmigaDOS 1.3 from old version
> for Amiga 500?? Also, I heard that AmigaDOS 1.3 will provide faster filesystem,
> X-windows, and boot from hard disk. Thanks!}i

An upgrade to 1.3 (I heard) will not be due until at least six months later,
to upgrade to 1.3, take your Amiga to your dealer to put in the new
Kickstart ROM.

>    I really like Sidecar for Amiga series. Will sidecar works for Amiga 500??
> Will Sidecar supports slot expansions and 8088 CPU???

Since the system bus on the A500 is a turn-around from the A1000s, I believe
if you make an extender cable to pass the bus to the sidecar, it will work.
And I have also heard about it not being about to support extended memory
expansion boards on the A1000, I assume this goes true for the A500 also.

I think the sidecar has XT slots inside, and yes, it has an 8088 CPU.

| Steve Chan                            UUCP: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst |
| @ Atrium @ The Alamo                BITNET: chanst@atrium.UUCP         |
| San Antonio, Texas                    ARPA:                            |
| 'If you put your minds to it, you could accomplish anything!' - Doc    |