[comp.sys.amiga] Maurader II

jhoffman@sunbalt.UUCP (Jim Hoffman [Special Programs Engineer ]) (01/25/88)

I recently purchased Maurader II from Discover Software in
Annapolis, Maryland.  It is an exciting package for backing
up your protected software.  In addition, Discover has an
excellent arcade game called Arkinoid (based on the arcade
version) and will be coming out shortly with a program
called "amix" ( a Unix like package on top of Amigados).
It looks good.  Discover is bold enough to have a dial-in
BBS for their users where you can complain, accolade, and
order new stuff.  One other point, when you buy their
protected games you can get a backup copy for $3.00. For
those prices who would ever want to pirate copies?

   Jim Hoffman

rjk107@pawl4.pawl.rpi.edu (Robert J. Kudla) (01/28/88)

In article <103@sunbalt.UUCP> jhoffman@sunbalt.UUCP (Jim Hoffman [Special Programs Engineer ]) writes:
>It looks good.  Discover is bold enough to have a dial-in
>BBS for their users where you can complain, accolade, and
>order new stuff.  One other point, when you buy their
>protected games you can get a backup copy for $3.00. For
>those prices who would ever want to pirate copies?
Discover's stuff is very good, so I'm told (I haven't taken
shipment yet so I don't know.....). But charging more than the
price of a blank disk for a backup sucks. So, it's time to
get cracking, so to speak.

I will, of course, probably buy the stuff. But one must have his backups
(plural)....