[comp.sys.amiga] Interlace question

suh@cunixc.columbia.edu (Kenneth Suh) (01/26/88)

I have set up my Amiga 2000 to run in interlace mode.  I use a Commodore
1084 Monitor with it.  I have adjusted the colors so that there is no
problem with flickering.  The problem that I am having is that sometimes
the characters are well defined and sometimes, the resolution of the
characters becomes blurry.  I remember reading a note in an Amiga
magazine stating that some of the Amiga 2000's have video problems.  Is
this the symptom that the defective Amiga's had?  I don't think so, I
have no problem in non-interlace mode.  Does anyone think that it could
be the monitor?

/ken

ps: almost any advice would be appreciated.

john13@garfield.UUCP (John Russell) (01/27/88)

In article <391@cunixc.columbia.edu> suh@cunixc.columbia.edu (Kenneth Suh) writes:
>I have adjusted the colors so that there is no
>problem with flickering.  The problem that I am having is that sometimes
>the characters are well defined and sometimes, the resolution of the
>characters becomes blurry.

Very fine tweaking of the vertical hold will make an interlaced display close
to rock-steady. If you have high-contrast colours you can reduce the overall
flicker of the screen by adjusting the vert hold so that the individual
characters are their fuzziest.

John
--
"Listen fathead, the ONE thing we DON'T need is some trigger-happy lunatic
 in charge... No I didn't mean you Mr. President... Yes sir, I'm sure you

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/28/88)

In article <391@cunixc.columbia.edu>, suh@cunixc.columbia.edu (Kenneth Suh) writes:

> I have set up my Amiga 2000 to run in interlace mode.  I use a Commodore
> 1084 Monitor with it.  I have adjusted the colors so that there is no
> problem with flickering.  The problem that I am having is that sometimes
> the characters are well defined and sometimes, the resolution of the
> characters becomes blurry.  I remember reading a note in an Amiga
> magazine stating that some of the Amiga 2000's have video problems.  Is
> this the symptom that the defective Amiga's had?  I don't think so, I
> have no problem in non-interlace mode.  Does anyone think that it could
> be the monitor?

It has happened to me also, went back and asked the dealer and a couple
of other users and they all said its normal, I don't think that the problem
is with the monitor.  And I haven had no problem in non-interlaced mode
either, I guess its the nature of the beast.

| Steve Chan                       UUCP/ARPA: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst |
| @ Atrium @ The Alamo                                                   |
| San Antonio, Texas                                                     |
| 'If you put your minds to it, you could accomplish anything!' - Doc    |