[comp.sys.amiga] requesting memory suggestions

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/28/88)

In article <2048@s.cc.purdue.edu>, ain@s.cc.purdue.edu (Patrick White) writes:

>    Well, I got virtually no response on my request for used A1000 memory
> (not that I actually expected to find anyone willing to part with theirs :-),
> so now I have a different question:
>
>    What's a good memory board?

StarboardII for the A1000 has a pretty good reputation..
Also, if you don't mind putting stuff inside the case, the insider is a good
internal 1 Meg board with a clock, you could get one for a little over $300.

>    Opinions, facts, prices, sources, etc. all are welcome.

First, opinions, I have had an Insider on my A1000 when I had it, and had
no problems at all, therefore, I think that the Insider is a steal for a
little over $300.. not sure of pricing right now, but I bought mine in
mail order for $325 about half a year ago.

>    If I get a lot of replies or requests for a summary I'll post it.

Please Do..

> -- Pat White
> UUCP/ARPA: j.cc.purdue.edu!ain  BITNET: PATWHITE@PURCCVM  PHONE: (317) 743-8421
> U.S.  Mail:  320 Brown St. apt. 406,    West Lafayette, IN 47906

| Steve Chan                       UUCP/ARPA: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst |
| @ Atrium @ The Alamo                                                   |
| San Antonio, Texas                                                     |
| 'If you put your minds to it, you could accomplish anything!' - Doc    |