[comp.sys.amiga] A Cry for HELP!!!

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (01/28/88)

In article <30836R38@PSUVM> R38@PSUVM.BITNET (aka Marc Rifkin) writes:
> The text files came out ok, but when I try to access any binary
>program files, I get 'FILE IS NOT AN OBJECT FILE.'

It's pretty likely that at least one of the transfers you did converted
the files (incorrectly, in the case of the binaries) to IBM PC text files,
by converting all line feed characters (0A hex) to carriage return/line
feed pairs (0A 0D hex).  Make sure that whatever protocol you are using
to transfer files to and/or from the IBM PC is set to transfer binary
files.  In kermit, for example, you do this with "set file type binary".

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate