[comp.sys.amiga] Help with an amiga printer please.

Robin@turbo.RAY.COM (Robin Alston) (01/29/88)

Hi amiga gurus. I am helping a friend owner of a 1000 with printer
choice. We are both considering a 24 pin printer supplied by Printers PLus
in the DC area with color options which comes in at about $500 mail order.
Now the question, is there a driver out there for this beast, it emulates
an epson LQ2500 (a wide 1500). I know we could just go and get something
that is jx80 compatible but the price of this machine makes it very
attractive, especially with the effective very high resolution which would
allow even better dithering on color images, or just the ability to make a
very small picture using the pin-per-dot resolution scheme.
If a driver does not exist how would an owner who has no 'tools'
(ie C or anything else) go about getting one.

By the way I have examined the general output of this beast and it is very
impressive in LQ mode.

Please mail replies, will summarise if enough people ask me to.
Thanx.

# Whats worse than two MA drivers on a freeway?    #      Dr. Robin the REAL
# Answer: One Toronto driver                       #      SuperUser Atilla!
 -------------------------------------------------	  (617)-460-8225
	Robin@turbo.ray.com		.....!rayssd!turbo!Robin

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (01/30/88)

In article <212@turbo.RAY.COM> Robin@turbo.RAY.COM (Robin Alston) writes:

>Hi amiga gurus. I am helping a friend owner of a 1000 with printer
>choice. We are both considering a 24 pin printer supplied by Printers PLus
>in the DC area with color options which comes in at about $500 mail order.
>Now the question, is there a driver out there for this beast, it emulates
>an epson LQ2500 (a wide 1500). I know we could just go and get something
>that is jx80 compatible but the price of this machine makes it very
>attractive, especially with the effective very high resolution which would
>allow even better dithering on color images, or just the ability to make a
>very small picture using the pin-per-dot resolution scheme.
>If a driver does not exist how would an owner who has no 'tools'
>(ie C or anything else) go about getting one.
>
>By the way I have examined the general output of this beast and it is very
>impressive in LQ mode.
>
>Please mail replies, will summarise if enough people ask me to.
>Thanx.
>

>--
># Whats worse than two MA drivers on a freeway?    #      Dr. Robin the REAL
># Answer: One Toronto driver                       #      SuperUser Atilla!
>	Robin@turbo.ray.com		.....!rayssd!turbo!Robin

	I converted our V1.3 EpsonQ driver to a V1.2 version.  The EpsonQ
driver drives all EpsonLQ printers (800, 1000, 1500, 2500, etc.) in
black&white or color mode.

	I'll get it uploaded to the net next week.