[comp.sys.amiga] VT Emulations for A2000

TLIMONCE@DREW.BITNET (01/31/88)

(Look mom!  I'm finally on the net!)
(Hello everyone!  Hi all you JAUG people!  Look at me!  Wow! :-))

The first non-obvious benefit I got from my 2000 upgrade was the
new keyboard is perfect for people who need VT-100 keyboards.
Every computer seems to have a VT-100 emulator but not many have
the keyboard to do it effortlessly.  (Are you listening C=A Marketing?)

What I am looking for is a terminal program that uses the new keyboard
to the fullest.  Someone pointed me towards VT100 2.8 saying that I
could reconfigure the keyboard anyway I want.  Has someone already
done this?  I hate to re-invent the wheel.  What fish-disk is this
on?  It will make VAXing a lot easier.

Many local BBSs now offer IBM (what that?) graphics in their menus,
etc.  Many also include IBM's ANSI Color in their menus, etc.  Are
their any terminal programs that have an IBM-style font what about
the color emulation?

Thanks for you help.

  /  Tom Limoncelli aka "Sir Victor, the self-proclaimed expert"  \
  | Drew U/Box 1060/Madison NJ 07940  Bitnet: tlimonce@drew.BITNET |
  |  Interests: C, Amiga's, hardware, VAXes and operating systems  |
  |       I'm a 2AM-Associate; ask me about our BBS Software       |
  |  Disclaimer: These are my views and may not be that of any of  |
  |         my employers, Drew University, or my pet rock.         |
  |            "I gotta run, my mother's calling me"               |
                                (shorter signatures to follow)

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (02/02/88)

In article <8801302054.AA21672@jade.berkeley.edu> TLIMONCE@DREW.BITNET writes:

>Many local BBSs now offer IBM (what that?) graphics in their menus,
>etc.  Many also include IBM's ANSI Color in their menus, etc.  Are
>their any terminal programs that have an IBM-style font what about
>the color emulation?

 I use a PD terminal prog. called COMM when I have occasion to call BBS's.
 Comm supports the ANSI color commands and so do some of the BBS's I have
 called. (Oh yea, these BBS's were running on Amiga's - what else?)

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net