[comp.sys.amiga] Falcon and Beyond Dark Castle

robertj@yale-zoo-suned..arpa (Rob Jellinghaus) (02/03/88)

Well, after calling Spectrum Holobyte and Silicon Beach again
this week (just for kicks :-) I discovered the following:

Beyond Dark Castle will be released sometime in February.  The
woman on the phone could be no moe specific; apparently, not
even the programmers are exactly positive when it will be
released.

Falcon for 512K Macs will be released in mid-February.  Falcon
for the Mac II will be released in two months.  AAARGH.  A color
version of Falcon will come out sometime this year.  (The Mac II
version just mentioned is in B&W.)

Oh, and I called Microsoft and asked about their plans for Flight
Simulator.  Well, they have no plans to make it compatible with
the Mac II, or to have it support color.  Rats!  A color version
of Flight Simulator, running on a II, would be truly awesome...

And now for an abrupt change of topic.  A couple days ago, I
posted an article asking for more feedback from the moderators
of comp.binaries.mac and of Info-Mac; I would like to know when
my postings are received, and when (and if) they may get posted
by the moderators.  I've received no responses at all to the
article, which makes me wonder if the posting was received by
anyone outside our site.  PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS
IDEA; not only do I want to know whether this is feasible, but
I would like to be reassured that I exist on the net.

Thanks.

Rob Jellinghaus                | "Dick... you're FIRED!"
jellinghaus@yale.edu.UUCP      | "Thank you!"
ROBERTJ@{yalecs,yalevm}.BITNET | *BADDA BADDA BAP!*  *Crash!*  "AAIEEE!!"
!..!ihnp4!hsi!yale!jellinghaus |                    -- _Robocop_

mentat@auscso.UUCP (Robert Dorsett) (02/04/88)

In article <22334@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> robertj@yale.UUCP writes:

>Falcon for 512K Macs will be released in mid-February.

All you have to do is delete all the SoundCap files.  The current
version will run just fine on 512's, sans sound.

--
     Robert Dorsett        {allegra,ihnp4}!ut-emx!walt.cc.utexas.edu!mentat
University of Texas 	   {allegra, ihnp4}!ut-emx!auscso!mentat

sarrel@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Marc Sarrel) (02/06/88)

In article <2544@auscso.UUCP> mentat@auscso.UUCP (Robert Dorsett) writes:
>All you have to do is delete all the SoundCap files.  The current
>version will run just fine on 512's, sans sound.

Easier yet, just turn off the sound from within the program.  One of the
menus has the switch.  Also, you have to click on the startup screen
before the music starts to play, otherwise you bomb.  This is not
difficult, however, as you have plenty of time.
--
Marc Sarrel			The Ohio State University
611 Harely Dr #1		Department of Computer and Information Science