[comp.sys.amiga] 68000 exception, GOMF, DME

slc@hoptoad.uucp (Steve Costa) (02/08/88)

Since I installed GOMF 2.0 in my system, it has been popping up with
"68000 exception vector" messages at various times.

This has happened with DME 1.29, typically when doing block copies or
moves. When I moved the GOMF installation to a later point in my
startup-sequence, most of the occurences disappeared, but I still get it
when moving a block from one window to another (and maybe copying... can't
seem to duplicate that one).

It also occured with v26 of AMIC PD TERM, when exiting, unless I switched
fonts. Now I'm using v28e, which uses another font on startup, so I don't
know (haven't tested) if the problem is still there or is simply
circumvented by the font switch.

Given that I don't get errors or GURUs if I don't install GOMF, what's the
significance of this exception vector corruption? Is GOMF being too picky,
or is this something that could cause a problem under certain
circumstances?

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (02/09/88)

In article <4033@hoptoad.uucp> slc@hoptoad.uucp (Steve Costa) writes:

> Since I installed GOMF 2.0 in my system, it has been popping up with
> "68000 exception vector" messages at various times.

By the way, where did you get GOMF 2.0 from?  I didn't even know it
was released; neither Abel Supply nor GO Amigo has it.  Did you order
GOMF 2.0 directly from Hypertek?

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,mit-eddie,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.