[comp.sys.amiga] NewTek Demo Reel

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (02/03/88)

> ... I recommend the NewTek DemoReel disks.
> ...  The only problem is the only way to stop the demo is to reboot.
>Still, I've never seen a more impressive demonstartion of the Amiga's
>potential as a graphics, sound, or presentation machine.

Try a ^C.

I agree about the demo itself.

Larry

--
The transistor is a curiosity, and will never amount to much.
    -- Mr. Stringer, Basic Electronic Instructor, RCAF, 1962.

lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) (02/05/88)

In article <1664@van-bc.UUCP> lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) writes:

>> ... I recommend the NewTek DemoReel disks.
>> ...  The only problem is the only way to stop the demo is to reboot.
>>Still, I've never seen a more impressive demonstartion of the Amiga's
>>potential as a graphics, sound, or presentation machine.
>
>Try a ^C.

Not even that.  All I ever do is click on the invisible close gadget when
the credits stop scrolling by.

Oh, and it is one FANTASTIC demo.  Took me a while to realize that the song
the use is the same one MAX Headroom was in. It was a video by Art Of Noise.

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart

davidg@killer.UUCP (David Guntner) (02/05/88)

in article <1664@van-bc.UUCP>, lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) says:

>> ...  The only problem is the only way to stop the demo is to reboot.
>>Still, I've never seen a more impressive demonstartion of the Amiga's
>>potential as a graphics, sound, or presentation machine.
>
> Try a ^C.

Better yet, try moving the mouse pointer to the place where the "quit" box
would be (upper left corner), and press the left button - it's always
worked for me! :-)

> I agree about the demo reel though.

As do I - it's a WONDERFUL way to show off your Amiga!

                     --Dave

--
David Guntner  UUCP: {ihnp4, codas}!killer!davidg  INET: davidg@killer.UUCP

"...Different ship, but she's got a good name.  Treat   --Admiral L. McCoy
 her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home."   "Encounter at Farpoint"

brianr@tekig4.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (02/09/88)

From time to time, I find myself wanting to abate the pride
of IBM types by showing them the NewTek demo, but I haven't
got a second 3.5" drive for my A2000.  I made a naive attempt
to create two directories on the A2000's hard drive, each containing
the contents of one of the original floppies.  I provided a script
file to ASSIGN the complete pathnames of these directories to the
volume names used on the NewTek floppies.  When I attempt to run
the rascal, it doesn't work very well;  for example, Maxine's voice
can be heard, but her little image isn't on the screen.  Also, the
demo terminates after displaying a couple of the DigiPaint pictures.

Can anyone provide the correct incantations for running the demos
from hard disk?

Prematurely grateful,

Brian Rhodefer

gt4785b@pyr.gatech.EDU (CARTER) (02/10/88)

In article <2474@tekig4.TEK.COM> brianr@tekig4.UUCP (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
>Can anyone provide the correct incantations for running the [NewTek] demos
>from hard disk?

How about from a ram disk, for that matter?

(and how much memory does it need to run?  how big a ram disk will it need?)

David Carter		gt4785b@pyr.gatech.edu