[comp.sys.amiga] DigiView/VCR and Showanim

kjws@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (K.J.W.Smithers) (02/10/88)

In article <784@sdcc8.ucsd.EDU> cs178abu@sdcc8.ucsd.edu.UUCP (John Schultz) writes:

>  I've just ordered a 2090 and am wondering what type of drive has
>the least problems: ST506 or SCSI?  With the current revision of the
>2090, what works best; what will work best with the (alledged)
>2090A/Dos 1.3?
>  How 'bout that fat agnes?  Wize it there?
>
>  John

	Rumour has it that the scsi drives work with the CSA 68020 cards
I know the st506 ones don't. (CSA promise me a mod Real Soon Now :-) )
But what I wanted to know was if there was any change in the A2090A situ.
Does the card consist of a A2090 with mods or is it a redesigned card? Ie is
there any chance of an upgrade?

	On an aside someone mentioned the ghost like apparition of a box for
using Digi-View with a video recorder. I wonder if it splits the incoming video
into r g b signals so that you can do colour digitising from tape. I have a
Digital freeze frame video which produces excelent pictures with digiview
(I haven't got the guts to open up the video!). What I have been looking for is
a box to split PAL composite video signals into the rgb bits so that I can do
colour off tape. If Newtek are making one for NTSC there's a miniscule chance
that a PAL one might be made available.

	Whilst on the subject of digitisers has any1 got the Perfect Sound
digitiser working with the A2000. If I grab the power from my 1000 parallel port
will that help. In my soon to be built switch box it'll be easy :-).

	HELP!! I am currently righting a program that will knock a list of
IFF ilbm's into a IFF anim. It all works apart from the bit which generates the
DLTA chunk. What I do is create a linked list of pointers to the parts of the
bitmap that are different from the frame 2 back, use the list to work out how
big a chunk of memory I need. Allocate that memory and start creating the DLTA
chunk. I appear to be creating the DLTA correctly except for the offset. That is
the word which indicates where in the bitmap the next word(s) of data go. When
some kind soul posted the defn of the iff anim, It was't clear to me how to
calculate this offset. Was it relative to the begining of the last modified
section or was it to the end of the last delat bit. Or what? I think I have
tried every combination so my program is probably sick in others ways in would
be nice if someone could make an unambiguous (sp?) statement about the offset
calculation.
	Yet more ... ShowAnim 3.5  will send my machine into interlace after
I run it. The change isn't immeadiate but occurs when I run dpaintii or my
MakeAnim program (rechristned SnowAnim after its effects :-( ). Is this a bug
in showanim?

	Kit Smithers

Still trying to go hard and fast :-(

kjws@ukc.UUCP			!! prehaps try rpa@ukc.UUCP or !mcvax!ukc!rpa
!mcvax!ukc!kjws			!! it might get through better :-(

or via British Telecom MUD (MultiUserDungeon) as 'Dingbot'