[comp.sys.amiga] Resetting the Bridgeboard

micha@ecrcvax.UUCP (Micha Meier) (02/08/88)

I've some problems with my bridgeboard - when I want to reset it
with the combination Ctrl+Alt+Del, it usually does not work and so I have
to reset the whole Amiga. Is there a way to reset the PC without resetting
the Amiga? I'm sure there is one because this is what happens when
I press the Ctrl+A+C= keys. Anyway, where can I get more information
about the Bridgeboard and the way it works with Amiga?

Another problem which I encountered lately was that the Amiga key
behaved as pressed although it was not, so e.g. typing m and n caused
switching the screen. After resetting the Amiga it was ok again.
Thanks for any hints.

--Micha

harald@leo.UUCP ( Harald Milne) (02/12/88)

In article <482@ecrcvax.UUCP>, micha@ecrcvax.UUCP (Micha Meier) writes:
> I've some problems with my bridgeboard - when I want to reset it
> with the combination Ctrl+Alt+Del, it usually does not work and so I have
> to reset the whole Amiga.

	I had this problem, until I started to use the the PC side heavily.
On an IBM pc, Ctrl+Alt+Del, ALWAYS reboots, just as the Amiga Nerve Pinch,
ALWAYS reboots the Amiga. The Amiga has to obviously win, to gain control.
The problem is, you have to be in an "active" window for the IBM reboot to
work. Since I like to have a programmers calculator on the same screen as
the IBM, I constantly forget I have the calculator active, and not the
IBM screen.

	To make things worse, this is multi-processing, not just multi-tasking! 8^)

	Oh well, it's in a window anyway.

--
Work: Computer Consoles Inc. (CCI), Advanced Development Group (ADG)
      Irvine, CA (RISCy business! Home of Regulus and hamiga)