[comp.sys.amiga] Moria

disd@hubcap.UUCP (Gary R. Heffelfinger) (02/05/88)

Time to waste more disk space with a pointless question about a silly
game, but....  Is the Software Distillery working on Moria?  I've played
the PC version on my clone here at work, but I'd rather do it at home.
I've spent countless hours playing the Distillery's version of Larn and
know full well that they could do an outstanding job with Moria.

As if I need any more diversions....

--
Gary R. Heffelfinger                  Employed by, but not the
disd@hubcap.clemson.edu               mouthpiece of, Clemson University

hobie@sq.uucp (Hobie Orris) (02/08/88)

Gary R. Heffelfinger (disd@hubcap.UUCP) writes:
>Time to waste more disk space with a pointless question about a silly
>game, but....  Is the Software Distillery working on Moria?  I've played
>the PC version on my clone here at work, but I'd rather do it at home.

	I've almost got Moria working on the Amiga.  I can wander about the
town and buy stuff, but when it's time to create a dungeon level, the game
runs out of stack and the machine dies.  If someone could tell me how to
increase the program's stack then I could finish it pretty quickly...

 Hobie Orris			 	|"Good book says you gotta be nice
 guest of SoftQuad Inc., Toronto, Ont.	| Or they're gonna put you on ice.
 {ihnp4 | decvax | ? }!utzoo!sq!hobie	| Good book says you gotta behave

cunniff@hpesoc1.HP.COM (Ross Cunniff) (02/10/88)

In article <1988Feb7.205931.11360@sq.uucp>, hobie@sq.uucp writes:

>	I've almost got Moria working on the Amiga.  I can wander about the
>town and buy stuff, but when it's time to create a dungeon level, the game
>runs out of stack and the machine dies.  If someone could tell me how to
>increase the program's stack then I could finish it pretty quickly...

From the CLI, type Stack 10000 (or whatever large value you need).
If you are starting from the Workbench, use the Info tool to change
the default stack size for your application.  See recent articles
in comp.sys.amiga to find out how to determine how much stack your
program is running with (when it starts up).

> Hobie Orris

				Ross Cunniff

tope@enea.se (Tommy Petersson) (02/15/88)

I would want to get the moria source when it gets ready.
Please see to that the food IS sold in shops (remove the
from-VMS porting bug mentioned in moria news)