[comp.sys.amiga] Imagewriter II connections

tsouth@pro-pac.CTS.COM (Todd South) (01/31/88)

For anyone out there that has experience with connecting an Imagewriter II to
an Amiga PLEASE post your sugesstions/experiences to this forum, as I have
numerous people on my system that really need some help in this area..

Thanks...

Todd South [Pro-Pac SysAdm]

     | uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-simasd!pro-pac!tsouth | Now I only get 50 |
     | Todd South : Ewa Beach, HI.                  | cents less than   |
     | Pacific Proline: (808) 499-2831 2400 bd.     | minimum wage...   |

danny@iconsys.UUCP (Danny Young) (02/06/88)

In article <2454@crash.cts.com> tsouth@pro-pac.CTS.COM (Todd South) writes:
>For anyone out there that has experience with connecting an Imagewriter II to
>an Amiga PLEASE post your sugesstions/experiences to this forum, as I have
>numerous people on my system that really need some help in this area..

The simplest way to hook up the Imagewriter II to the Amiga is to buy the
cable that Redmond Cable sells.  I don't have their address with me, but
they advertise in AmigaWorld just about every month.

Also, make sure your preferences are set up correctly.  Just choosing the
Imagewriter II printer driver won't cut it.  Make sure you specify a
SERIAL printer and go into "change serial" to match the baud rate and
flow control protocol with those selected by the Imagewriter II DIP switches.

--
Daniel A. Young		    uunet!iconsys!danny
Icon International, Inc.    {ihnp4,psivax}!nrcvax!nrc-ut!iconsys!danny

farinas@geocub.UUCP (Luis Farinas) (02/16/88)

I use an ImageWriterII with an Amiga for now 2 years. The connection is very
easy to make: just use 3 wires (Txd Rxd Gnd) and use the Xon/Xoff protocol
on both the ImageWriter and the Amiga. From the hardware point of view, everything's ok.
But there are problems with the driver, especially when it has to print
graphics (ProWrite with some fonts, Pagesetter). It sometimes push the
paper backwards. Does any AmigaGuru of CATS know why ?

			Jean-Marc Alliot