[comp.sys.amiga] Okidata 292 Printer

steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) (02/18/88)

I have the Okidata Microline 292 printer.. It has a 16 pin print
head.  It produces marvelous graphics on my IBM in 16 pin mode,
but unfortunatly the Commodore printer driver for the Okidata 292
is set at 8 pins, thus producing HORRIBLE quality printouts. All
it takes to put the printer into 16 pin mode is CHR$(27);"#B" but
I have no way to keep it in that mode, because the driver automaticly
switches it back to 8 pin mode.  I could have gotten an 8 pin
printer for half the price, and I certainly want to get some use out
of this thing!

 aaaaarggh

   UUCP:  ....!crash!pro-charlotte!steelie    | Pro-Charlotte - (704) 567-0029
   ARPA:  crash!pro-charlotte!steelie@nosc.mil| 300/1200/2400 baud  24 hrs/day
   INET:  steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com       | Log in as "register"

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (02/19/88)

In article <2551@crash.cts.com> steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com (Jim Howard) writes:
>I have the Okidata Microline 292 printer.. It has a 16 pin print
>head.  It produces marvelous graphics on my IBM in 16 pin mode,
>but unfortunatly the Commodore printer driver for the Okidata 292
>is set at 8 pins, thus producing HORRIBLE quality printouts. All
>it takes to put the printer into 16 pin mode is CHR$(27);"#B" but
>I have no way to keep it in that mode, because the driver automaticly
>switches it back to 8 pin mode.  I could have gotten an 8 pin
>printer for half the price, and I certainly want to get some use out
>of this thing!
>
> aaaaarggh
>

>   UUCP:  ....!crash!pro-charlotte!steelie    | Pro-Charlotte - (704) 567-0029
>   ARPA:  crash!pro-charlotte!steelie@nosc.mil| 300/1200/2400 baud  24 hrs/day
>   INET:  steelie@pro-charlotte.cts.com       | Log in as "register"

	Hope is in the distant future!  The V1.3 printer driver
'Okidata_293I' drives both the 292 and 293 in 16-pin mode (b&w or color).
If I get a chance I'll convert it to a V1.2 driver and post it.  No promises
as I'm a busy guy.