[comp.sys.amiga] Compuserve Policies

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (02/21/88)

In article <2152@bsu-cs.UUCP> dhesi@bsu-cs.UUCP (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
 >There is simply no merit in the claim that CompuServe can get a
 >compilation copyright for material that is already copyrighted without
 >getting explicit permission from each copyright holder.  It is
 >*illegal* to create a compilation of copyrighted material for
 >commercial purposes without explicit permission from the copyright
 >holder of each item included in the compilation.

No doubt CompuServe could claim that uploading software to its machine
(or allowing others to do so) constitutes permission to include that
software in its "compilation".
--
Wolf N. Paul                  Phone: (214) 306-9101 (h)   (214) 404-8077 (w)
3387 Sam Rayburn Run          UUCP: ihnp4!killer!{dcs, doulos}!wnp