[comp.sys.amiga] How to auto-reboot a crashed BBS system

bryce@eris.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt) (02/21/88)

[Note new address.  The old address at "hoser" is dead.]

in message <2540@gryphon.CTS.COM> bilbo wrote:
>...it is permanently down until I build up new steam, find a reliable and
>exciting BBS proram to replace TAG [...] and learn how to modify
>Amiga-DOS to auto-boot so I don't come back from vacation to find the
>stupid Guru staring out at me.

To take care of the Guru, use "Cancel!".  A free program I wrote a while
back.  It cancels any requesters, alerts, etc. that might ask for user
input while you are gone.

Now you have a rebooted system.  If it is an A500/A2000 you are done.  If
the system has a Kickstart disk, you need one of the three "makekick",
"makeboth" or "KickBench" type utilities to put both Kickstart and
Workbench on the same disk.

	See your local Fish disk for details.

|\_/|  . ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!
{o o} .     Bryce Nesbitt