[comp.sys.amiga] Long audio samples

In article <2562@crash.cts.com> (Jim Howard) writes:
>                   ... I am wondering is there a way to pipe the
> sound data from an external source such as expanded ram, or a hard
> disk, and THROUGH the chip ram, thus allowing for huge length samples.

Well one idea would be to 'double buffer' your sound samples. Basically
set up an interrupt handler to pick up the 'next' buffer when the current
one is about done, stuff the new pointers (queue another audio request) and
when it starts reuse the old buffer. Pick a buffer size that lets you get
done what you want to do while it is playing. As for creating extremely
long samples you might have a more difficult problem.

--Chuck McManis

:Well one idea would be to 'double buffer' your sound samples. Basically
:set up an interrupt handler to pick up the 'next' buffer when the current
:...

	The audio device has this capability, I believe.

			-Matt