[comp.sys.amiga] Scheme for Amiga

rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Richard L. Carreiro) (02/21/88)

Does anyone have, or know where to get, Scheme for the Amiga computer?
Please EMAIL or post to comp.sys.amiga.
Thanks in advance,

*  Richard L. Carreiro     GO CELTS!       * "He gets it out deep and        *
*  rlcarr@athena.mit.edu                   * HAVLICEK STEALS IT!!" - J. Most *

qix@mit-vax.LCS.MIT.EDU (Ed Pucket) (02/24/88)

In article <3088@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, rlcarr@athena.mit.edu (Richard L. Carreiro) writes:
> Does anyone have, or know where to get, Scheme for the Amiga computer?
> Please EMAIL or post to comp.sys.amiga.
> Thanks in advance,

I have written a version of Scheme which conforms to R3RS.
It has a few enhancements such as first-class environments and
dynamic-wind.  It is written entirely in assembly language;
the code file is approx. 70k.  It requires about 250k
to run, and you may dynamically re-size the storage.

Bad points:

    * It currently only supports 32-bit signed fixnums.

    * No debugger (but you can install a dynamically-wound-in
      error handler which receives a continuation of the
      procedure at the point of the fault).

    * No compiler

It will probably be about 1 month before this is ready to
go out.  I would like to extend the number system, but am
afraid that will take a lot of time.  It will be
whatever-you-please-ware.

Ed Puckett
MIT Branch PO
PO BOX 61