[comp.sys.amiga] Power supply question

mikeb@tekfdi.TEK.COM (Mike Boyce) (02/23/88)

I just got a 2 Meg memory board for my A1000.  I doesn't work due to
my Amiga's supply being too puny.  (I was told that the supplies on
the '85 and early '86 Amigas were not up to the task)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about adding
the needed power.

Should I:
	a. Buy a new power supply from C=?  It has to power my SCSI
	   host adapter and maybe some other things too.  I don't
	   want something that will be marginal.

	b. Buy a third party supply, and if so what kind?  Will a
	   supply for a PeeCee work?  How many watts is enough?
	   I am not worried about it fitting inside the A1000.

	c. Any other ideas?

Thanks
mikeb

bryce@eris (Bryce Nesbitt) (02/24/88)

In article <1746@tekfdi.TEK.COM> mikeb@tekfdi.UUCP (Mike Boyce) writes:
>I just got a 2 Meg memory board for my A1000.  I doesn't work due to
>my Amiga's supply being too puny.

Well, if that is REALLY the problem, read on.

Call 1-800-524-0809 and shell out $19.95 for part #14707.  This is a
brand-new Amiga 1000 power supply.

Most A1000's seem to handle 2 megs of memory with no problems...

|\_/|  . ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!
{O_o} .     Bryce Nesbitt
 (")        BIX: mleeds (temporarily)
  U	    USENET: bryce@eris.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!eris!bryce