[comp.sys.amiga] 2090 Questions

smaug@eneevax.UUCP (Kurt J. Lidl) (02/25/88)

Date: Tue, 9 Feb 88 00:36:03 EST
Subject: Re: Amiga 2090 Controller Questions

I just read your message about the 2090 controller on the net.  I seem to
remember your name coming up in discussion with that card before, so I
figured I had nothing to lose by talking to you.

At any rate, my "problem" is this.  I need to know how to get the information
to write scsi commands directly to the 2090.  I have in my possession (at
least for the time being) a 400 megabyte optical WORM drive, manufactured by
Ironics, Inc.  It has a standard 50 pin SCSI interface...

My cause for concern is this - will the 54 megabyte limitation cause me
problems if I don't attempt to use hddisk.device as the controlling
software (ie stick to home-grown software)?

I greatly desire (nay! lust for) 400 megabytes of storage on-line at once...
Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Kurt J. Lidl  (301) 985-1866

Return Mail to: rutgers!eneevax!smaug
or		smaug@eneevax.umd.edu

Snail Mail: 	Kurt J. Lidl
		7114 Hagerstown Hall
		University of Merryland
		College Park, MD 20742

PS - My mailer barfed on cbmvax.UUCP, so I doing this via more conventional
methods.  I hope that you do not have problems replying to me, as our
Com-Sci dept. is in the process of moving.

FYI - 	My system right now is a A2000, 2 meg C= RAM card, 2002 monitor,
	Hayes 1200 and 2 floppies.  Keep up the good work!  I love my
	computer!  (Sorry 'bout that, but I feel I have to say it!)

PPS - 	As I got no answer via E-Mail, I am now posting this message for
	all to read.  Sorry for the un-needed distraction, but having
	400 megs of optical disk next to me and not being able to use
	it is beyond frusterating...