[comp.sys.amiga] MindWalker Pre-Release Wanted

joe@koko.UUCP (Joe Scarpa) (02/24/88)

Does anyone have a copy of the old pre-release version of MindWalker?
It was public domain a few years back and had a few features that
the release version doesn't. I didn't have an Amiga of my own then so I never
got it.

joe

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (02/25/88)

In article <776@koko.UUCP> joe@koko.UUCP (Joe Scarpa) writes:

>Does anyone have a copy of the old pre-release version of MindWalker?
>It was public domain a few years back and had a few features that
>the release version doesn't. I didn't have an Amiga of my own then so I never
>got it.

First of all, I don't know how "public domain" this actually was; my copy
was, frankly, illicit, being a copy of a "Dealer Demo Only" disk.  I got
rid of it as soon as I got the real MindWalker because the features it
had that the release version did not were probably removed because they
were damn near impossible to use, or meaningless.  For example, there
was a "large-scale" view of a pretty pattern with an arrow pointing to
where you "were".  Trouble was, it didn't mean anything, and gave you no
information useful in the game.  Just a pretty hack.  Also, it was missing
the entire "Uncle Sigmund" sequence, and the endgame, and graduated
difficulty levels, etc.  I'd say forget about it.

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate