[comp.sys.amiga] MANX 3.6 and SDB received

peter@amanpt1.zone1.com (Peter Jensen) (02/25/88)

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received Manx C 3.6a and SDB 3.6a
in the mail today.  They included temporary documentation for SDB, saying
that the final documentation would be shipped  as soon as it's ready.
I placed my order at the AmiExpo back in October.
--
Peter Jensen   ...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!peter  or  jensen@nusc-wpn.arpa

conn@stratus.UUCP (Avery Shealey) (02/26/88)

I just got it too. Nice. Did anyone get/find the file with the bugfixes?
I couldn't find it on mine anywhere.

I did find one nice thing they fixed. I have been working on a program
to load a process and execute it. It turned out that the process to
be loaded had to be linked with the +a option to force module
alignment. This release seemed to fix that. They seem to align things better.

Avery

Avery Shealey
School of Information & Computer Science, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332
Internet:  conn@stratus.gatech.edu	 CSNet:  conn%stratus@gatech
UUCP:  ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ihnp4}!gatech!stratus!conn

In article <419@amanpt1.zone1.com> peter@amanpt1.zone1.com (Peter Jensen) writes:
>Just wanted to let everyone know I just received Manx C 3.6a and SDB 3.6a
>in the mail today.  They included temporary documentation for SDB, saying
>that the final documentation would be shipped  as soon as it's ready.
>I placed my order at the AmiExpo back in October.

A message by Jim Goodnow II on BIX mentioned that MANX is indeed having
problems with the disk duplication and manual generation for SDB and that
is why things will be slowed down.  I just got a notice from them that they
charged my credit card, but have still to see the package.

-- Marco