[comp.sys.amiga] drums on the amiga

BLANK@BRANDEIS.BITNET (David N. Blank * BLANK@BRANDEIS.bitnet) (02/29/88)

ljc@otter.hple.hp.com (Lee Carter) writes:
>All drum sounds I have tried - mostly my own samples - sound, well, like,
>really muffled and wooley - like the sound is coming from a cheap tape recorder
>with a pillow over the speaker - y'know what I mean.
>What I want to know is how can I get GOOD sounding drum samples.

Being an amateur percussionist, I can sympathize.  My recommendation is
to purchase Dynamic Drums by New Wave Software.  This program does an excellent
job of turning the Amiga into professional-like drum machine.  The samples
they include (about 100) are in FutureSound format (I belive), and are really
superb.  There is also an additional sound disk available.  I am not sure
what magic they envoked to get good samples, but I get the impression they
spend a long time perfecting their technique. They also have a flier on how to
modify the 1000 to bypass the filter that is helping to muffle your sounds,
but you have to ask for it.  If you want more details on the program, I would
recommend you dig up a review of the program I did for Amazing Computing a
couple of issues back, asking me, or getting in touch with New Wave Software.
I am at work now, and don't have the address handy, but I can find it easily if
people are interested.  I have no connection with New Wave Software besides
a review of their product published in Amazing Computing and love for
an excellent program of theirs.
              Peace,
                David N. Blank (dnb@brandeis.csnet || blank@brandeis.bitnet)

"Nobody knows the disclaimers I've seen..."