[comp.sys.amiga] Crystal Hammer moans...

sqrkl@csvax.liv.ac.uk (03/01/88)

In article <304@uwslh.UUCP>, lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Christopher Lishka) writes:

>      From what has been posted to the net, Crystal Hammers seems not
> to be in the Public Domain.  Based on the previous articles I informed
> a friend on a local BBS that it was probably pirated, and the BBS
> removed it from the collection.  I've seen this game, though, and if
> it isn't public domain/sharware/whatever, I wish it would hit the
> software stores RSN 'cause it really is something!
>
> Chris Lishka                    /lishka@uwslh.uucp
> Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene <-lishka%uwslh.uucp@rsch.wisc.edu
> "What, me, serious? Get real!"  \{seismo, harvard,topaz,...}!uwvax!uwslh!lishka

Yes, Crystal Hammer is definitely a commercial product (I have seen the
official release version). Two problems with it :
1) On my PAL Amiga 1000, the shadows on the 'baddies' flicker continuously -
   this is highly irritating and puts me off playing the game.
2) The bounce of the ball off the bat is unpredictable (i.e. it doesn't behave
   in the 'classic' Breakout fashion) - this is infuriating...
Apart from the above moans, the game is quite an acceptable Breakout/Arkanoid
clone - though I prefer Impact from Audiogenic Software Limited (a UK software
company).

Computer Science Department,                   * JANET address (sorry, no *
Liverpool University,                          * other route available !) *
Merseyside, England,                           *  SQRKL@UK.AC.LIV.CSVAX   *

"I have VERY strong opinions which are nothing whatsoever to do with the
University of Liverpool, so blame ME if I bitch about useless IBM PC clones,
even more redundant IBM mainframes and the terrible Atari ST..."