[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga coverage in Computer Graphics Today

The last issue of Computer Graphics Today (February 1988), the official
National Computer Graphics Association Journal, gives the Amiga more
coverage than anything else I have seen recently.

An almost full page article entitled "Desktop Video Graphics: Amiga 1000",
by John Snyder, and a 3 (!!) page article entitled "Product Focus: Setting
Up Your Amiga 2000" by Bob Maludzinsky and Nick Polywko.  Both articles
are very positive about the Amiga and the 2000 article talks about very
recent product developments like the Video Toaster,and  Vistamation from
Mindware International (a 3-D animation package, has anybody heard of
this one?).

Way to go.

-- Marco

baer@percival.UUCP (Ken Baer) (03/02/88)

In article <7215@oberon.USC.EDU> papa@pollux.usc.edu () writes:
>The last issue of Computer Graphics Today (February 1988), the official
>National Computer Graphics Association Journal, gives the Amiga more
>coverage than anything else I have seen recently.

> Vistamation from Mindware International (a 3-D animation package,
> has anybody heard of this one?).

This sounds like the package that Timothy Leary was working on.  I'll bet
it supports color cycling :-)!  Actually, I'm quite interested to see what
this one's like, and how it fits into latest slew of Amiga animation products.
I would hope that it's more than just another flying sphere generator.  If
anyone was any more info about this product, we'd all like to hear about it.
Gee, I wonder if he used the IFF ANIM format, probably not.

--
	-Ken Baer.
   //   Hash Enterprises: When the Going gets Weird, the Weird go Professional