[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 2088 Bridgeboard

Dan_Herold@watmath.waterloo.edu (02/28/88)

Hello there, I'm rather new to this board but not to the Amiga.
I am having touble mounting my 5/1.4" floppy drive to my Amiga 2000.
In the manual it says that I must tell AmigaDOS that I have the 5/1.4
inch drive there.  But so far I've had no luck.  If anyone knows the
command(s), then please leave me a message here. Thanks a lot.
see ya.
If you'd like to chat, my BBS's number is 746-7773.
CYA

---
 * Origin: ISIS International H.Q. BBS (Opus 1:221/162)

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/02/88)

In article <17148@watmath.waterloo.edu> 221.162.fido!Dan_Herold@watmath.waterloo.edu writes:
>Hello there, I'm rather new to this board but not to the Amiga.
>I am having touble mounting my 5/1.4" floppy drive to my Amiga 2000.
>In the manual it says that I must tell AmigaDOS that I have the 5/1.4
>inch drive there.  But so far I've had no luck.  If anyone knows the
>command(s), then please leave me a message here. Thanks a lot.

  On page 31 of the Enhancer manual you will find a description of the MOUNT
  command and a example of the required mountlist entry.

  Format:	MOUNT <drive>:

  Mountlist example:

  df2:		Device=trackdisk.device
		Unit=2
		Flags=1
		Surface=2
		BlocksPerTrack=11
		Reserved=2
		PreAlloc=11
		Interleave=0
		LowCyl=0; HighCyl=39
		Buffers=5
		BufMemType=3

   #

   Since you have a 2000, you also have the MOUNT command. So just edit your
   mountlistand mount away. (Of course this mountlist example is for the
   CBM 1020 drive and may need to be modified for other drives :-)

--
   Dan Schein		 uucp: {ihnp4|allegra|burdvax|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore AMIGA			ARPANET:  cbmvax!schein@uunet.uu.net

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein CATS) (03/02/88)

In article <17148@watmath.waterloo.edu> 221.162.fido!Dan_Herold@watmath.waterloo.edu writes:
>Hello there, I'm rather new to this board but not to the Amiga.
>I am having touble mounting my 5/1.4" floppy drive to my Amiga 2000.
>In the manual it says that I must tell AmigaDOS that I have the 5/1.4
>inch drive there.  But so far I've had no luck.  If anyone knows the
>command(s), then please leave me a message here. Thanks a lot.

   OPPS! My last message assumed that you wanted to use the drive for AmigaDOS.
   If you were refering to MS-DOS usage, then just connect the drive (C= 1020)
   to the rear of the BridgeBoard and re-boot. The drive will then be ready
  for use as drive "B:"......