[comp.sys.amiga] genlock for amiga 500

feb@cblpe.ATT.COM (Franco Barber) (02/25/88)

Is there a gen-lock available for the Amiga 500? I remember that
the 1000's genlock does not work due to physical space problems
plus changes in pin-outs, but I don't remember if anyone ever
announced a 500 genlock.

Please e-mail whatever you know and I will summarize to the net
if I get any good responses.

Franco
--
Franco Barber    AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio
..!cbosgd!cblpe!feb                      (614) 860-7803

boblind@percival.UUCP (Bob Lindstrom) (03/02/88)

In article <923@cblpe.ATT.COM> feb@cblpe.ATT.COM (55216-Franco Barber) writes:

>Is there a gen-lock available for the Amiga 500?

Yes, the Amigen (or are they now calling it Imagen?) genlock from Mimetics
will (a.) fit and (b.) work in the A500. It sells for about $180. I
haven't used it so I can't attest to its picture quality. It looked
fairly good at AmiExpo in NYC last Oct.

Bob Lindstrom

smaug@eneevax.UUCP (Kurt J. Lidl) (03/03/88)

In article <1121@percival.UUCP> boblind@percival.UUCP (Bob Lindstrom) writes:
>In article <923@cblpe.ATT.COM> feb@cblpe.ATT.COM (55216-Franco Barber) writes:

>>Is there a gen-lock available for the Amiga 500?

>Yes, the Amigen (or are they now calling it Imagen?) genlock from Mimetics
   					     ^^^^^^
>will (a.) fit and (b.) work in the A500. It sells for about $180. I
>haven't used it so I can't attest to its picture quality. It looked
>fairly good at AmiExpo in NYC last Oct.

You can be fairly certain that *Imagen* is NOT what they will be
calling it.  The laser-printer that we use here to print all our wonderful
TeX documents from is called Imagen.  Thus, it is copyrighted (at least it
says it is :-).

Kurt  (that smaug@eneevax.umd.edu to you, stranger...)

ali@polya.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (03/03/88)

In article <1263@eneevax.UUCP> Kurt J. Lidl writes:
>In article <1121@percival.UUCP> boblind@percival.UUCP (Bob Lindstrom) writes:
>>Yes, the Amigen (or are they now calling it Imagen?) genlock from Mimetics
>You can be fairly certain that *Imagen* is NOT what they will be
>calling it.  The laser-printer that we use here to print all our wonderful
>TeX documents from is called Imagen.

The genlock is called AmiGen. It was first announced to the world as Imagen,
but I guess they changed the name because of the conflict with the printer.

It's a neat little device and it works well. Student-run Stanford X-TV used
it (along with TeX fonts and a Director script) to superimpose the scores
on a couple of Stanford basketball games transmitted live on the Stanford
TV network. One annoying feature is that you need to get a seperate cable
if you want to see RGB while the genlock is hooked up. Not too bad; just
an extra $12. The RGB signal is just passed through; so I don't know why
they didn't provide the full 23 pin connector...

Ali Ozer, ali@polya.stanford.edu